Choosing a 4-cup drip coffee maker has many advantages, with one of the biggest being saved counter-space. You may be thinking that a space-saving coffee maker might not have all the bells and whistles, and you may be wondering if a cup of joe from these smaller coffee machines has the same full, robust flavor that you’ve come to expect from your regular coffee brewer.
We’ve found that just because these coffee makers have a compact design doesn’t mean fewer features or that the coffee is any less tasty or satisfying!
We’ve reviewed many 4-cup drip coffee makers and come up with a list of our top 9 picks.
We feel confident there’s a choice that’s perfect for you in this list, given both the positive consumer response and the array of features each coffee brewer has to offer.
Read on to learn which one of these 4-cup brewing machines is the best for you!
Please note that this article may contain affiliate links. You can read my full disclosure at the bottom of the page.
Cuisinart 4-Cup Coffeemaker DCC-450BK
The Cuisinart 4-Cup Coffeemaker is a popular choice for a 4-cup coffee brewer, and rightly so; this small compact unit has many features you’d expect in a larger coffeemaker and tucks out the way, saving you valuable counter space.
Let’s have a look at what the Cuisinart DCC-450BK has to offer.
Features of the Cuisinart DCC-450BK:
- The unit comes with a 4-cup stainless steel carafe with a dripless spout.
- Brew-pause button, so you can pour a cup of coffee before it’s done brewing.
- It weighs in at 4 pounds, and its dimensions are 10 x 8 x 5.25 inches.
- Enjoy a cup of freshly brewed coffee in 5 minutes.
- There is a thirty-minute automatic shut-off time for the burner.
Here is a rundown of the pros and cons of the Cuisinart 4-Cup Coffeemaker:
|• The stainless steel carafe isn’t breakable.
• It brews a pot of coffee quickly.
• A knuckle guard protects your knuckles from touching the hot coffee pot when you’re picking it up.
|• The carafe isn’t thermal.
• Some may prefer a longer time before the burner shuts off.
Gevi 4-Cup Coffee Maker
The Gevi 4-Cup Coffee Maker is an excellent choice that features a quick brewing time and a burner that stays on for 120 minutes keeping coffee hotter longer.
This model of the Gevi cleans up easily, is perfect for home or office use, and can be conveniently stowed out of the way.
Features of the Gevi 4-Cup Coffee Maker include:
- It comes with a reusable filter and removable basket.
- It quickly brews a pot of coffee in 4-6 minutes.
- It has a keep-warm function that lasts for 2 hours.
- The dimensions are 7.2 x 5.4 x 10.1 inches, and the weight is 2 pounds.
- It has a Grab-a-Pot auto-pause.
Overall the Gevi is a solid top-nine contender with an attractive stainless steel finish; here are the pros and cons:
|• Removable basket designed for easy cleaning.
• All the parts are dishwasher safe.
• Non-stick warming plate.
• 30-second anti-drip for the Grab-a-Pot feature
|• Concerns that customer support isn’t supportive.
• Hard to find replacement parts.
• Average handle design.
Mr. Coffee 4-Cup Coffee Maker-DR4-RB
Since 1970, Mr. Coffee’s coffee makers have graced our kitchen counters and continue to be a popular choice. The Mr. Coffee 4-Cup Coffee Maker DR4-RB is a solid and simple entry with a sleek style.
This model cleans up easily and is easily stowed or tucked under a cupboard to create more counter space.
Here are the features of the Mr. Coffee 4-Cup Coffee Maker DR4-RB:
- This model features a stain-resistant warming plate.
- It has a Grab-a-Cup Auto Pause.
- There is a removable basket and filter for easy cleaning.
- This maker weighs about 3 pounds, and its dimensions are 10.1 x 7.25 x 11.8 inches.
The Mr. Coffee 4-Cup Coffee Maker is a solid all-around contender on this list; here are the pros and cons:
|• Easy cleaning-the basket, the pot, and the filter can all go in the dishwasher.
• Easy to use with a small footprint.
• It makes a great-tasting cup of coffee comparable to high-end models.
|• No automatic shut-off.
• The design of the coffee pot can be hard to clean.
Taylor Swoden Programmable Coffee Maker
The Taylor Swoden Programmable Coffee Maker has the added feature of being programmable and can brew as few as 4 cups of coffee or as many as 12 cups.
Because it’s programmable, compact, and has positive feedback, we felt it deserved a spot on this list.
Features of the Taylor Swoden Programmable Coffee Maker include:
- It is programmable with options for a regular or strong brew.
- The dimensions are 13.31 x 11.22 x 7.72 inches, and it weighs 4.72 pounds.
- It has a reusable filter.
- The hot plate stays on for 120 minutes and then shuts off automatically.
- It has a pause and serve feature.
- It has a cleaning cycle reminder.
This compact and stylish coffee maker has so much to offer in such a small package; it’s a great choice if you generally brew a smaller amount of coffee but want all the perks of a larger coffee machine.
|• Easy to view water window.
• No drip design for the ‘pause and serve’ feature.
• Non-stick burner.
|• Small pouring spout that causes drips and overpours.
• Replacement coffee pot hard to find.
Brentwood TS-213BL 4 Cup Coffee Maker
The Brentwood TS-213BL 4 Cup Coffee Maker weighs in as a great budget-friendly choice. This coffee machine heats up quickly for quick brewing, has a simple design with the basic features.
The Brentwood TS-213BL 4 Cup Coffee Maker offers the following features:
- There’s a reusable coffee filter and coffee scoop.
- It has a water-level window.
- The coffee maker has a warming plate.
- The dimensions are 8.5 x 6.25 x 10.5 inches, and it weighs 2.45 pounds.
This coffee-making machine is a great choice, especially for those on a budget―this Brentwood model covers all the basics.
|• Two water level windows.
• Very compact unit.
• Tempered glass carafe.
|• No automatic shut-off button.
• Initial plastic smell with the unit and the carafe.
Hamilton Beach Commercial Coffee Maker 4 Cup- HDC500C
The Hamilton Beach Commercial Coffee Maker 4 Cup- HDC500C is a commercial-grade coffee maker marketed for home use.
This attractive entry has every option you’d want in a compact countertop unit.
The features of Hamilton Beach Commercial Coffee Maker include:
- It has a non-stick burner that stays warm for 30 minutes.
- It has an automatic shut-off after 30 minutes.
- There’s a pause-and-serve feature.
- It’s durable and easy to clean.
- Its dimensions are 7.2 x 9.3 x 12.13 inches, and it weighs 3.5 pounds.
Purchasing a commercial coffee maker may seem like overkill, but if you are making a pot of coffee every day, it makes sense to buy a machine designed for heavy use. The Hamilton Beach Commercial Coffee Maker is an excellent choice at a moderate price.
|• Commercial grade with a standard outlet plug.
• Small footprint.
• Swing-out brew basket.
|• Getting the filter to fit in the basket can be difficult.
• Brews loudly.
Bonavita 5-Cup One-Touch Thermal Carafe Coffee Brewer
We had to include the Bonavita 5-Cup One-Touch Thermal Carafe Coffee Brewer even though it’s a 5-cup coffee maker—it’s sleek, stylish, and compact.
Designed with coffee lovers in mind, it has a unique brewing process for optimum coffee flavor.
Here’s what the Bonavita 5-Cup One-Touch Thermal Carafe Coffee Brewer has to offer:
- It’s equipped with a pre-infusion mode and a showerhead that saturates the grounds for better-tasting coffee.
- The parts are dishwasher safe.
- The dimensions are 12.3 x 6.2 x 10.6 inches, and the weight is 5 pounds.
- There’s an automatic shut-off button.
- It has a thermal pot to keep coffee hot.
With so many features and positive comments on how tasty a cup of coffee from the Bonavita is, you can’t go wrong with this option. However, here are some pros and cons worth considering:
|• Powerful and precise heating that maintains the temperature.
• Brews a tasty cup of coffee.
• Thermal pot retains heat well.
|• Larger footprint than the other units featured here.
• Carafe lid is poorly designed.
• No brew-pause feature.
Braun KF6050WH BrewSense Drip Coffee Maker
The Braun KF6050WH BrewSense Drip Coffee Maker has all the bells and whistles―it will brew up to 12 cups of coffee or just one and any amount in-between.
We included this option in the event you wanted to have the option for making more coffee should the occasion call for it.
Some of the features with the Braun KF6050WH BrewSense include:
- A programmable 24-hour timer and programmable shut-off time.
- The ability to pause your brew.
- A reusable Braun gold-tone filter and a charcoal purifying filter.
- It can be self-cleaning.
- Dimensions are 7.9 x 7.9 x 14.2 inches, and it weighs 6.20 pounds.
The Braun BrewSense certainly has the most features of all the units we’ve looked at in the 4-Cup category. If you’re looking to splurge, this model would be your best bet!
|• Charcoal purifying filter.
• Removable brew basket for easy cleaning.
• It makes a fantastic tasting cup of coffee.
|• The display screen is challenging to read.
• The water level gauge is inaccurate.
• No noises to indicate brewing is complete.
Chefman Grind and Brew 4 Cup Coffee Maker
We found that a coffee bean grinder and a coffee maker together in such a compact unit are very attractive—who doesn’t want multi-function kitchen items?
The Chefman Grind and Brew 4 Cup Coffee Maker, with its integrated grinder, makes it easy for you to grind your beans right before you hit the brew button for the freshest cup of java possible.
Here are the Chefman Grind and Brew 4 Cup Coffee Maker’s features:
- The dimensions are 7 x 11.25 x 8 inches, and it weighs 5.20 pounds.
- It’s got a reusable coffee filter.
- It has an automatic shut-off and a 30-minute keep-warm feature.
- An integrated coffee bean grinder.
The Chefman Grind and Brew is an attractive, multi-function coffee maker with predominantly positive feedback.
|• You can use ground coffee instead of whole beans.
• Very compact for what it offers.
• It brews quickly and has three coffee strength settings.
|• Blade grinder, not a burr grinder.
• Cleaning can be time-consuming.
• Keep-warm time is too short.
In summary, with all these choices, there’s sure to be a 4-Cup Drip Coffee Maker out there for you that will meet all your requirements.
We’ve presented a wide range of price points, features, styles, and sizes; pick your new coffee maker out and start enjoying a freshly brewed cup of joe!